D.K. I am a true believer that listening to the wit and wisdom of others enriches our lives. It is my hope to learn from their influences which will hopefully mold me into the best person I am able to be!
Sure hope you find them “ thought provoking and encouraging.”
“I’ve learned that kind words and good deeds are eternal, you never know where their influence will end.”………..Tenzin Gyatso 14th Dalai Lama
“Never look down on anybody unless you are helping him up.” ……..Jesse Jackson
“If you haven’t any charity in your heart, you have the worst kind of heart trouble.”……Bob Hope
“It’s nice ago be important, but it’s more important to be nice.”…….Author Unknown
“Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.”…Quote in P.S. I LOVE YOU, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
“There is no greater loan than a sympathetic ear.” ………..Frank Tyger
“Don’t wait for people to be friendly, show them how.”…..Author Unknown
D.K. Since this section is titled Wit and Wisdom I would love to share a couple of “funnies” with you. Before I do, know how amazed I was when I saw all the health benefits of laughter.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF LAUGHTER:
- Brings instant relaxation in a pleasant way
- Relaxes stress hormones..relieves stress, tension and depression
- Triggers a spike in immune-boosting antibodies
- Stimulates the heart and blood circulation
- Laughter increases lung capacity
- Also increases the levels of endorphins in the body..these are natural pain killers
- When we laugh, we exercise 15 facial muscles with turn our faces pink with a happier glow—
- A study at Stanford concludes that laughter stimulates the parts of the brain the use the “feel good” chemical messenger DOPAMINE.
LAUGHTER IS “THE SHORTEST DISTANCE BETWEEN TWO PEOPLE”
D.K. What people see as funny can differ. I found humor in the following and hope you do as well. This was my laugh one day.
A man and a his wife were having an argument about who should brew the coffee each morning. The wife said,” you should do it because you get up first and then we don’t have to wait as long to get our coffee.” The husband said,” you are in charge of cooking around here and you should do it, because that is your job and I can just wait for my coffee.” the wife replies ,” no, you should do it and besides it is in the bible that the man should make the coffee…..husband replies, “ I can’t believe that, ‘show me.” So she fetched the bible and opened to the new testament and showed him at the top of several pages that it indeed says, “Hebrews”.