Fun Facts about the Brain
- Average dimensions of the adult brain-Width 5.5 inches… Length 6.5 inches…Height 3.6 inches
- At birth our brains weigh an average of 4/5 lbs., adult brains weigh an average of 3 lbs.
- Results from cognitive tests show 30% of 80 year olds perform as well as young adults.
- Your brain is about 2% of your total body weight but uses 20% of your body’s energy.
- The energy used by the brain is enough to light a 25 watt bulb.
- More electrical impulses are generated in one day by a single human brain than by all the telephones in the world.
- 70,000 is the number of thoughts that it is estimated the human brain produces on an average day.
- Albert Einstein’s brain weighed 2.71 lbs., significantly less than the human average of 3 lbs.
D.K. After reading the above fun facts , I marvel at a the power of the brain. What an amazing “control center”!! The brain does so much for us so we really do need to take care of it.